When we think of travelling to a new destination, we often try to know the most favourable climate in which the place can be visited. Generally, the cold, dry season is considered to be the best time when a new location can be visited. The scorching sweltering summers are never considered the ideal time for visiting a place since staying out of the house for long hours during the day can be challenging.
Amidst all this discussion, the season of monsoon is always missed as a potential time to visit a new place. Commonly people feel that visiting a new place during monsoons can be a little inconvenient and cumbersome. However, there are many places whose beauty can be best experienced during monsoons.
Let us make a list of seven such destinations that you must check out during the monsoons for a breathtaking experience.
1. Sirsi Waterfalls – Sirsi is a small town in Malnad, Karnataka. It is one of the most picturesque small towns in the state of Karnataka. This small town is surrounded by lush rain forests. Monsoon is the best time when you can witness the gorgeous waterfalls of the place. So much so that Sirsi is often referred to as the waterfalls destination of Karnataka. The small town boasts of a minimum of the spectacular waterfalls. However, you need to be careful while trekking through the rain forests as a number of them are leech infested.
2. Thirthahalli – Thirthahalli is one of the most beautiful cities of Malnad. The small town is located on the banks of river Tunga and is one of the areas that receive the highest amount of rainfall in India. A drive up to this destination can be one of the most romantic experiences you can have.
3. Vagamon – This is a small town in the beautiful state of Kerala that amalgamates the grandeur or high mountains and the beauty of the lush green fields and valleys occasionally endorsed with meandering streams amend waterfalls. Truly is one of the hidden jewels of God’s own country. Visit the town during the monsoons to witness nature at its best.
4. Pollachi – Pollachi is a classic example of farmlands in southern India. This is a region that receives a decent amount of rainfall from the monsoons as a result of which you can enjoy the lush green fields.
5. Sawantwadi – This is a region that has a gorgeous central lake. It is flanked by the Amboli ghat on one side and by the sea on the other side. This heritage town is at its scenic best during the monsoons.
6. Shantiniketan – This heritage town, intricately linked with Rabindranath Tagore, is mainly visited during the winters. However, the Shonajhuri forests have a beauty of their own that must be visited during the monsoons.
7. Puri – Better known as Jagannath Dham, this small Odisha town on the shores of the Bay of Bengal is also a place that can be visited during the monsoons.
Make the most of the blessings of nature showering in the form of rains; enjoy the monsoon to the fullest by visiting a place that is soothing to eyes as well as the soul.