Our tax planning is centred around saving the maximum possible amount on the taxes that we pay. We consult CAs, read about tax saving, buy insurances and invest in the market to be eligible for tax rebates and exemptions. However, when it comes to the process of checking the status or claiming the refund, some of us are rather clueless.
1. How to file for IT refunds online?
Filing IT returns online is very simple. You need to register on the official website (https://portal.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Registration/RegistrationControl.html).
2. How to check income tax refund status?
3. When have you not receive your IT refund?
You might have filed your income tax but might still be waiting for the refund. Your income tax refund might be pending due to one of the following reasons-
- Your income tax has still not been processed
- Income tax department has determined that there are no refunds on your income tax
- Your IT returns have been processed, but the cheque or the ECS credit has not yet reached you. This might happen due to you having mentioned a wrong address or an account number. Verify that your address and bank account no is proper when filling the form.
4. How do you change the bank account number or the address mentioned in the IT returns form?
5. How do you change the contact details mentioned in the IT returns form?
In case your contact details like address, email ID or mobile number has changed, you need to update the same on the Income tax portal.