Breast cancer can be classified according to the place of origin as-
- Pain in the breast or the armpits.
- Pitting or reddening of the skin on the breast
- Peeling, flaking or scaling of the breast skin
- Rash on or around either or both of the nipples
- Discharge (possibly containing blood) from the nipples
- Sunken or an inverted nipple
- A change in the shape, size or feel of the breast
Stages of breast cancer
Stage 0- Carcinoma in situ or ductal carcinoma in situ, in this the cancer cells are limited to the ducts and have not yet invaded the surrounding tissue.
Stage 1- Typically characterized by tumour up to the size 2 cm across, the cancer cells have not yet or minimally entered the lymph nodes.